Tuesday, August 28, 2012

{Nuts & Bolts}

When we lived back home in Tassie, every Christmas mother-in-law used to make a large batch of Nuts&Bolts and wrap them up for each of us as a silly gift.  We all loved them and looked forward to receiving our jar full of nuts&bolts every year.  Every year we'd give MIL her old glass coffee jars back and unwrap a full jar Christmas morning!


So whilst the in-laws have been staying with us for the last two weeks, I asked if MIL could make us some, considering we had missed out last year and would miss out again this year.  Whilst she was making them I posted a photo on Instagram, and found that most people had never heard of Nuts&Bolts.  WHAT?  I can't believe it!  Everybody should know about nuts&bolts!!  They are so delicious.



Mrs W's Nuts & Bolts

Mix together 1 x large packet nutri-grain, 500g packet of salted peanuts, 1 packet each of cream of chicken soup and french onion soup mix, 1 tablespoon curry powder (or to taste).  Slightly heat 1 cup vegetable oil and pour over and continue to mix until all are coated.  Eat!

(These are freshly oiled Nuts & Bolts - cant wait for them to dry off, I eat them straight away!)

Note:  Once you start eating them, it's very hard to stop!  If you don't like peanuts or have an allergy to them, replace them with pretzels or mini crackers.  I only eat the nutri-grain and hubby eats the nuts!

3 comments:

One Too Many said...

I love these!!!!We make them every Christmas too....

Unknown said...

Nope never heard of nuts and bolts - but I know now.

Natasha in Oz said...

I had heard of them but never really knew what it was. I can see why you love them so much-they look delicious!

Best wishes,
Natasha